Had two girlfriends over for needed catch-up time.
Baked French Toast modified as follows:
- Cut the recipe in half
- Reduced to 3 eggs
- Reduced to 1 1/4 cups of skim milk, with no half-and-half
- Skipped the butter / brown sugar / corn syrup topping.
Watercress-Citrus Salad with Grilled Figs modified as follows:
- Used fresh figs, not canned
- No tarragon or pine nuts or almonds
- Did not soak figs in vinagrette before broiling
- Next time, I’d top the figs with feta / goat cheese before broiling.
Smoked Salmon Roses modified as follows:
- Used dried dill, not fresh (and no sprigs)
- Skipped the red pepper
- Used skim milk instead of half-and-half
- Used Manischewitz creamy horseradish sauce.